Royal Caribbean’s Odyssey of the Seas has formally grow to be the twenty fifth ship within the cruise line’s fleet, following a digital rendition of the normal supply ceremony.
The ship will set sail from first-time homeport Haifa, Israel in Might 2021, adopted by Fort Lauderdale, Fla. in November.
Royal Caribbean Group Chairman and CEO Richard D. Fain, President and CEO of Royal Caribbean Worldwide Michael Bayley, and Grasp of Odyssey of the Seas Captain Per Kristoffersen acquired the ship from Meyer Werft Yard’s Managing Associate Bernard Meyer and Managing Director Jan Meyer within the customary handover gone digital.
“Receiving Odyssey of the Seas into the Royal Caribbean household is a welcomed breath of recent air. The ingenuity, ardour and laborious work our devoted crew, groups on land and companions at Meyer Werft put into constructing a brand new ship all the time ship, and to drag it off so effectively throughout a time not like another is unbelievable,” stated Bayley. “We’re wanting ahead to delivering the memorable holidays we’re recognized for at this time on a ship that can mark a number of firsts for us, from making Israel a first-time homeport to introducing Quantum Extremely Class to North America. Each new ship is a clean slate to go bolder and be completely different, and Odyssey is bringing the easiest of the brand new and guest-favorites throughout two continents for the years to return.”
Odyssey is the second Quantum Extremely Class ship, and can welcome Royal Caribbean’s first company to cruise from Israel this summer season on sailings the place vacationers above the age of 18 and crew members are absolutely vaccinated. Israeli residents can set out on 3- to 7-night voyages by means of October to locations within the Mediterranean, together with Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens, Greece and Limassol, Cyprus.
After its inaugural summer season season, the ship will embark on a transatlantic crossing for its North American debut in November. The ship is slated to supply 6- and 8-night Caribbean cruises from Fort Lauderdale to ports of name like Aruba, Curacao, and Good Day at CocoCay, Royal Caribbean’s non-public island vacation spot in The Bahamas.
Coming in at 169,000 gross tons and measuring 1,138 toes lengthy and 135 toes extensive, Odyssey would be the latest and largest ship to homeport in Israel and the primary of its variety to name Florida residence later this yr. Vacationers of all ages can get pleasure from a lineup of 12 new and first-to-brand experiences alongside the signature choices company love, together with:
- Caribbean-inspired pool deck — Sporting a brand new look throughout two decks, Odyssey’s two open-air swimming pools, 4 whirlpools and Splashaway Bay, anchored by a Quantum Extremely Class first — The Lime & Coconut bar — are designed for vacationers to benefit from the outside in fashion.
- SeaPlex — The following-generation of a Quantum Class favourite, this SeaPlex is the biggest indoor and out of doors exercise middle at sea, and can debut the venue’s first Playmakers Sports activities Bar & Arcade.
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar and Teppanyaki — Two Royal Caribbean eating places new to North American will be a part of the lineup of eating choices on board. The recent tackle the cruise line’s signature trattoria is the primary to introduce its new wine bar idea, whereas the opposite will serve up East Asian flavors within the conventional Japanese fashion for which it’s named.
- Motion-packed high deck — Returning guest-favorites embody the gravity-defying SkyPad digital actuality bungee trampoline journey, FlowRider surf simulator, skydiving with RipCord by iFly, and the North Star all-glass remark capsule that provides 360-degree views from 300 toes above sea stage.
- One-of-a-kind leisure — Odyssey’s full-scale productions take high billing in venues just like the Royal Theater and Two70, the place immersive expertise, particular results, and performers and aerialists take the stage alongside six agile Roboscreens for a multidimensional stay present.
For extra data, go to RoyalCaribbean.com.